Kinesiotherapy is defined as the application of scientifically based exercise principles adapted to enhance the strength, endurance, and mobility of individuals with functional limitations or those requiring extended physical conditioning. Focused on therapeutic exercise. Kinesio® Tex Tape is completely latex free and made from the highest quality materials meaning it can be used by patients of every age and condition for 3-5 days per application.
Kinesio® Tex Tape has the ability to:
Re-educate the neuromuscular system
Promote good circulation and healing
Kinesio Taping may be an effective treatment for joint dysfunction, muscle disorders, lymphedema and neurological conditions. Appropriate for many health-related disciplines and practices, Kinesio Taping may help alleviate pain and facilitate the rehabilitation process.
How does it work?
The tape, made with hypoallergenic acrylic glue, is manufactured to be the same weight, thickness and elasticity as the skin and is therefore able to integrate with the body's sensory system naturally. There are 3 possible categories of effect which have been identified depending on the method of application and the therapeutic outcome desired.
- Dynamically supports better postural positions.
- Prevent harmful ranges of motion without a hard end feel.
- Reduce strain on affected muscle.
- Enhanced sensory stimulation leading to decreased perception of pain.
- Restoration of normal muscle activation and function.
- Reinforces the restoration of functional stability.
- Promotes peripheral neuroplasticity.
- Stimulation of the skin's endogenous analgesic system.
- Wave pattern formation
- Superficial fascial thixotrophy
- Improved lymphatic flow
- Improved superficial microcirculatory flow
Kinesio Taping is one of the leading therapeutic procedures used to help high level athletes in the Olympics and in all major professional sports as well as amateur athletes and rehabilitation patients.