Enter Your Information Below For Your Consultation!
Customized Foot Orthotics - Ft. Lauderdale
Customized Foot Orthotics in Fort Lauderdale, Plantation and Sunrise, FL.
Your feet are the foundation of your body. They support you when you stand, walk, or run. And they help protect your spine, bones, and soft tissues from damaging stress as you move around. Your feet perform better when all their muscles, arches, and bones are in their ideal stable positions.
The foot is constructed with three arches which, when properly maintained, give exceptional supportive strength. These three arches form a supporting vault that distributes the weight of the entire body.
If there is compromise of one arch in the foot, the other arches must compensate and are subject to additional stresses, which usually leads to further compromise.
It's a chain reaction.
Healthcare professionals know alleviating pain in one part of your body often requires treating a different part. The pain you feel in your neck could be caused by a misalignment in your spine that is caused by unbalanced positioning in your feet. See? It's a chain reaction.
By stabilizing and balancing your feet, Foot Levelers orthotics enhance your body's performance and efficiency, reduce pain, and contribute to your total body wellness when you stand, walk, participate on sports and live your active life.
- The joints and muscles of the body function most efficiently when they are in physical balance. Principles of engineering have shown that with any physical entity, whether it is a bridge, a building, or the human body- Structure dictates function.
- The body is a biomechanical kinetic chain where abnormal movements at one line, or joint, can interfere with proper movements at other joints.
- During standing and walking, our bodies are subjected to natural forces and postures that can inflict mechanical stress and strain throughout the interrelated chain of joints and muscles.
- When foot imbalance is present, there is a negative impact on the knees, hips, pelvis, and spine. Some patients must have these abnormal forces reduced before they can achieve improved spinal function.
- Pronation describes the rotation of a body part downward or inward. It is actually a normal motion that occurs when walking; however, if it happens excessively, pronation can cause global postural problems. The major cause of over-pronation is a decrease in the arch height.
Postural Effects from Imbalances in the Feet:
- A loss of arch height will cause a flattening and rolling in of the foot- this is termed pronation. Because everything is connected, the bones of the leg also inwardly rotate.
- Excessive rotation of the bones of the leg (tibia and femur) will cause unnecessary stresses on the knee as well as twisting of the pelvis and spine. If the pronation is more prevalent on one side, there can be a resultant unleveling of the pelvis and a functional scoliosis.
- Tilting of the pelvis places tension on muscles and connective tissues, which can eventually lead to chronic back problems.
- High levels of heel-strike shock can result from breakdown of the body's natural "shock absorbers." The shock wave then transmits up the kinetic chain causing painful symptoms all the way up to the head, slowed recovery of leg and spine injuries, and aggravation of other conditions.
Benefits of Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers:
- Properly fitted Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers support the foot to control excessive and unwanted pronation and supination. This helps to reduce unwanted stress on the body.
- Improved shock absorption reduces repetitive stress on joints and muscles, permitting smoother function and decreasing arthritic symptoms.
- Use of Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers represents a long-term, yet cost-effective intervention for many types of functional and structural problems.
How do I get started?
Contact our office at (954) 452-4600 to schedule an initial consultation with the Doctor to determine your individual situation. Medical Evaluation and Diagnostic testing procedures should be performed prior to beginning any treatment in order to determine the most effective process. After carefully studying your case history and exam findings, the Doctor will sit down and explain his recommended plan of action for you. After answering any questions you may have about the recommended plan, you may begin your care.
Call now (954) 452-4600 for your Consultation!View our patient testimonials or contact us today with a time and date that are convenient for you. We'll find out the "why" behind your problem and how to solve it - and then coach you to better health!
or Fill out this form to receive your consultation!
Spine & Sport Rehab Institute
Plantation, FL 33324
549 NW Lake Whitney Place
Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
Call us now for
an appointment or email